What Information does Hubventory Collect?
We collect information about your use of our Services. We also gather various types of personal information, as explained in more detail below.
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. If you create an account or place an order with us, we may collect personal information such as:
When you register as a Retailer with Hubventory, we will collect your email address, phone number, business address, website, store name, store address, years you have been in business, and projected sales figures.
If you place an order to purchase goods from Brands through Hubventory, we will also collect information to facilitate that order, such as your shipping address, Tax Identification Number, and payment information.
In some cases, we may request additional information to validate your business, such as photos of your store or your social media profiles. In some cases, we may request information such as your tax identifier or other government issued numbers or financial or lease records to establish your account limits.
Brands (i.e, Makers, Wholesalers):
When you register as a Brand with Hubventory, we will collect your business entity name and dba if different than entity name, website, address, phone number, and information about your brand such as the primary category of products you provide, the countries you operate in, and your social media profiles.
If you are accepted as a Brand for Hubventory, we may ask for additional information to build out your profile such as your profile photo, wholesale pricing and order requirements, and years you have been established.
When you receive an order through Hubventory, we will collect information to facilitate that order, such as your Tax Identification Number, tax class, and bank account information so we can pay you.
Optionally, you may choose to provide information about your existing retail customers to refer to Hubventory, such as their name, store name, and email address.
Using the Services
When you browse and use our Services, we collect information about the items you browse, show interest in, and buy. Some of our Services allow you to create audio-visual content, which will be streamed live to other Hubventory users. These Services will access the camera and/or microphone on your device and record your image and voice.
Communication with Us
We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us, for example when you request information about our services, contact our Support team, apply for a job, or register for our newsletter.
Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Contests
We may ask you to participate in optional surveys, where you may be asked to provide personal information.
Additionally, we may conduct sweepstakes or contests where you may be asked to provide personal information. This information may be used to contact you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional and marketing purposes, as permitted by law. Additionally, note that some jurisdictions require us to publicly share information about sweepstakes and contest winners.
Forums and Social Media
Our Services may provide forums, blogs, social media pages, or other channels where individuals may review purchases, talk about their experience using our Services, or “like” or “share” content to social media. Note that content provided for and posted in these channels, including by you, is public and that the processing of your information might be subject to the policies and notices of third parties that make such channels available.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested.
These technologies are small data files that we transfer to your browser or device that allows us to provide and enhance our Services. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of these technologies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
We may use analytics service providers, including Google Analytics, to collect information regarding visitors to our Services, such as their behavior on our Services or information about their demographic. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. At this time, we do not respond to nor honor Do-Not-Track signals from web browsers.
Information Collected from Third Parties (I.e.,Shippo, ActiveCampaign, Facebook Pixel, Stripe, etc.)
We may collect information about you through a referral program, such as when a Hubventory Retailer or Brand refers one of their existing customers, leads, or partners to Hubventory. If you have been referred to Hubventory but wish to opt out of emails from us, please contact us as explained below.
If you access our Services through a third party or social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application if that information has been made public via your privacy settings with that third party. For example, if you register for Hubventory with Facebook, we may collect your name, profile ID, location, gender, profile picture, and list of your friends.
We may offer third-party integrations. If you choose to integrate third-party applications with Hubventory, we will collect personal information as part of that integration. Because each third-party service you may choose to integrate collects different personal information, the detail in which information will be collected will be explained during the integration setup process.
How Does Hubventory Use the Personal Information It Collects?
We use the information we collect about you for various business purposes as described below.
To provide you with our Services
- Enter into a contract with you
- Allow you to set up a user account and profile
- Fulfil your requests for products and services
- Allow you to create and share content with others
- Communicate with you about your account and updates to our Services
- Determine your order or account limits and eligibility for extended payment terms
- Process applications, transactions, and payments
- Allow you to register for events
- Facilitate communications between you and other users
For our legitimate business interests
- Analyze how you use the Services
- Understand user interest and engagement on the Services
- Engage in marketing or sales outreach
- Provide customized content, offers, or Services, including marketing content via email, postal mail, social media, SMS, or other channels, subject to applicable laws
- Research and develop Services
- Improve and streamline our Services
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud
- Detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- Ensure quality control
- Debug to identify and repair errors
- Enforce our Terms and policies
- Audit or other compliance activities
To comply with our legal obligations
We retain and use your information in connection with potential legal claims, and for compliance, regulatory and auditing purposes. For example, we retain information where we are required by law, or if we are compelled to do so by a court order or regulatory body. Also, when you exercise any applicable legal rights you have to access, amend or delete your personal information, we may request identification and verification documents from you for the purpose of confirming your identity.
With your consent
Hubventory may collect and use personal information based with your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time (either through our Services directly or by contacting us via [email protected]), though note that you might not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal information.
In exceptional cases we may further process your personal information to protect your vital interests or as further required for the public good.
De-Identified and Aggregated Information
We use personal information to create de-identified, aggregated information such as: information about demographics, de-identified location information, information about devices used to access our Services, and de-identified, aggregate information on transactions on our Services that help our users understand and optimize sales.
Automatic Collection Technologies
Our use of automatic collection technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and local storage objects (together “Cookies”) fall into the following general categories:
- Strictly Necessary: Technologies that allow you to access our Services and use our features, and tools that help us identify irregular site behavior and prevent fraudulent activity or improve security.
- Personalization: Technologies that help us personalize advertising and content for you, such as by making inferences about your interests based on the content you interact with on our Services, which informs future selections of content or advertising.
- Measurement: Technologies that collect information about your use of our Services, including measuring, understanding, and reporting on your usage of the Services.
- Information Storage and Access: Technologies that store information or provide access to information that is already stored on your device, such as your shopping cart.
- Content Selection, Delivery, and Reporting: Technologies that select and deliver content for you, and measure the effectiveness of that content, including information about what content was shown, how often or how long it was shown, when and where it was shown, and what actions, if any, you took on the content.
- Ad Selection, Delivery, and Reporting: Technologies that select and deliver advertisements for you, and measure the effectiveness of those advertisements, including information about what advertisements were shown, how often or how long they were shown, when and where they were shown, and what actions, if any, you took on the advertisements.
APIs and SDKs
We may use third-party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”), which may allow third parties to collect personal information about you for various purposes, such as to conduct analytics, verify your business when you register with Hubventory as a Retailer or Brand, provide customized content, or otherwise streamline the Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, contact us as described below.
Will Hubventory Share Any of the Personal Information It Receives?
We do not rent nor sell your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone, except as expressly provided below.
We may share your personal information with third parties as described in this section:
- When You Request That We Share Your Information: We may offer Services, features, or promotions that involve sharing your information with a third party or with other Hubventory users. If you request or agree to have your information shared with a third party as part of a feature or Service, we will share that information at your request.
- De-Identified Information: We may provide de-identified or aggregate information to our partners, including usage information to help our partners understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. Before we share this information, we take reasonable efforts aligned with industry best practices to ensure that this information cannot identify you.
- Advertising on the HubventoryPlatform: We may allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers. You agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in San Francisco to show you ads or offers for San Francisco businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are. Or, we might allow Advertisers to display their ads to users with similar usage patterns to yours, but we will not disclose usage information to Advertisers except in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. Note that if an advertiser asks us to show an ad to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach.
- Advertising outside the Hubventory Platform: We may use personal information to help us deliver targeted advertising and to measure the effectiveness of advertising.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliated companies.
- Service Providers: We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf, and we need to share your information with them in order to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process any credit card transactions for us.
- User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the personal information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
As noted in the Terms of Service, we do not knowingly collect nor solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as described below.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Are My Privacy Rights and Choices?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us, use our Services or to take advantage of some of our features.
- Opting Out of Communications: If you no longer wish to receive electronic communications from us, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or follow opt-out instructions provided in other communication channels. Note you may still receive transactional emails from us. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail and do-not-call lists as required by applicable law.
- Opting Out of Cookies and Advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your device or remove them as your browser or device permits. Visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp,www.youronlinechoices.eu, www.youradchoices.ca/choices, and www.aboutads.info/choices/ to learn more about the choices available to opt out of cookies and advertising.
Updating Your Account Information: Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you have provided to us:
- email address
- payment information
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us as described below.
Subject to the requirements of applicable law, you may also have privacy rights including:
- Access Data and Portability: You may have the right to receive a copy of the data and related information we have about you and request us to transfer all or some of this data to a third party.
- Request Correction of Data: You may request that we update or rectify information we have about you.
- Request Deletion of Data: You may request that we delete information we have about you.
- Request Restriction of or Object to Processing: You may have the right to opt in or opt out of certain uses of your data or to object to all processing of your data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. We will process your request in the time and manner required by law. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by asking you to log in to your Hubventory account or confirm your email address. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights. The rights above may be limited in some circumstances, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to your request.
If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a privacy request for you, please email us from the email address associated with your Hubventory account and inform us of this designation, along with the designated agent’s name and email address.
If you have questions about your data rights, contact us as described below. In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to contact your local data protection authority.
We may offer referral programs that include financial incentives. To participate in these referral programs, you may be asked to provide information regarding customers, colleagues, leads, or other third parties, such as their name, store name, and email address. They and/or you will receive rewards such as reduced commissions and/or fees, cash, or promotional credit to spend on Hubventory if they sign up to use our Services. These referral programs are entirely voluntary. The value of data received in referral programs depends on whether, how, and how often the referred party uses the Services. If you wish to withdraw from an incentive program, please contact us as described below.
We store personal information for as long as you use our Services or as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, enforce our Terms or other agreements, engage in audits, protect our Services, prevent fraud, comply with the law, or for legitimate business purposes.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at [email protected] or by regular mail via:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at [email protected] or by regular mail via:For the US, Canada and Rest of the World
P.O Box 293
Onalaska, WI 54650